Hon. Sherwin O. Valdez of Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) has visited the UPLB College of Engineering and Agro-industrial Technology to discuss matters regarding its application to the Professional Regulation Commission as CPD provider. He met CEAT officials and visited difference facilities of the college.
CEAT FACILITIES VISITED
• IABE- Agribiosystems Machinery and Power Engineering Division (AMPED)
– Small Engine Laboratoty where assembling and disassembling of SCEs are being done by students for them to be familiarized with the different parts and operations of SCC.
– Renewable Energy Laboratory which houses the equipment used in studying RE, micro hydro, wind, and solar energy.
– AMPED machine shop which is where students and research projects fabrication are made.
• BIOMECH (Center for Agri-Fisheries and Biosystems Mechanization) Shop
– An area within the Center where the developed and fabricated machines prototype intended to further the development of the agri-fisheries mechanization oof the country such as technology packages are exhibited.
• Agricultural Machinery Testing and Evaluation Center (AMTEC)
– The center is tasked to be the premier National Agricultural Machinery Testing Center of the country (RA 10601) and to assist BAFS in establishing standard specifications, test procedures and performance indices for agricultural machinery. Hon. Valdez visited the testing areas of AMTEC for small engines, wheel tractors and pump sets.
• IABE-Smart Plant Factory with Artificial Lighting (PFAL) Laboratory
– A laboratory established to develop engineering solutions for improving indoor vertical farming production under controlled environment condition.
• Fabrication Lab
– FabLab houses state-of-the-art fabrication equipment such as 3D printers and CNCs, among others. It is a shared facility between DTI, TTBDO and CEAT which caters to stakeholders that require rapid prototyping services, small-volume manufacturing and computer modeling.
Prepared by: Mary Jane F. Gallardo