Department of science and technologyEngineering Research and Development for Technology
The Engineering Research and Development for Technology (ERDT) program is a consortium of eight universities offering mature engineering graduate programs— University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB), Ateneo de Mania University (AdMU), Central Luzon State University (CLSU), University of San Carlos (USC), MSU– Iligan Institute of Technology (MSU-IIT), MAPUA University (Former MAPUA Institute of Technology) and De La Salle University (DLSU).
The UPLB– CEAT started being a member of the ERDT program in 2009, in the term of Dean Arsenio Resurreccion with then, IAE Director and former Dean of CEAT (2010-2020), Dr. Arnold R. Elepano, as the project leader. The current ERDT Project Leader is the college Dean, Dr. Rossana Marie C. Amongo (2021-present).
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
• be a Filipino citizen;
• not be over 50 years of age at the time of application;
• be a graduate of a BS program in engineering or related field (for Master’s degree applicants);
• be a graduate of Master’s program in engineering or related field (for Doctorate degree applicants);
• have passed the admission requirements of the graduate program supported by the ERDT Program or currently enrolled as a graduate student in one of the ERDT supported graduate programs or accelerated graduate programs;
• be in good health condition; and
• not be found guilty in any criminal or administrative case supported by an NBI Clearance and/or employer’s certification.
1. Accomplished ERDT Application Form;
2. Recommendation/endorsement from three former professors or supervisors;
3. NSO Birth Certificate;
4. Transcript of Records bearing the seal and the registrar’s signature;
5. Medical Certificate from a licensed physician indicating health status of the applicant;
6. If employed, the applicant must be recommended by the head of agency and secure permission to take a leave of absence while on scholarship;
7. Notice of Admission from the university;
8. NBI Clearance;
9. A research proposal of not more than 1000 words on the intended research work to be conducted while on the ERDT Scholarship program. This research proposal
should include components such as problem statement, significance of the research, brief literature review, outlined methodology, and GANTT chart;
10. A narrative not more than 1000 words, describing the applicant’s current work or project or research worked on and his/her contribution to the completion of the
project or research; and
11. A narrative of not more than 1000 words describing the plan of the applicant after graduation.
supported graduate programs
Ongoing Scholars (As of 2nd Sem 2020-21)
Faculty and mentors
Graduates (As of 2nd Sem 2020-21)
ERDT Submission and Contact Information
ERDT-UPLB Contact Person: Mary Jane F. Gallardo
Contact Number: (049) 253- 8366
Office Hours: M-F: 8am – 5pm