Created: 18 August 2015
Page 19 of 23
Approved by the CEAT Executive committee on September 3, 2012
The College would like to have a uniform set of guidelines for all its degree programs; thus, a committee was formed to work on the college policy on shifting and transferring. For the past years, the CEAT Committee on Student Admission and Readmission is in charge of conducting the evaluation and interview of applicants for transferring and shifting. The members of the committee include the IAE Director, all Department Chairs and the College Secretary. The College believes that one of the fundamental reasons for a decreased graduation rate is the lack of proper guidelines in shifting and transferring. Furthermore, most students requesting to shift/transfer to the UP Campuses have high General Weighted Average. Thus, the potential number of honor graduates will be reduced.
Also, the College strongly discourages students from using CEAT-UPLB as a back door to enter other UP Campuses. Slots are better off awarded to students who are willing to finish the 5-year program of the College rather than to those who would eventually transfer to other UP Campuses after a year.
- The student is allowed to shift/transfer only after two years of residency.
Justification: This is to give sufficient time for the student to appreciate the engineering course offered by UPLB.
- If the student was a waitlisted applicant, he/she is not allowed to shift/transfer.
Justification: Waitlisted slots are limited and should better be given to those who are willing to see the course through.
- Write a formal letter of request to shift/transfer addressed to the CEAT Dean (reasons for transferring/shifting and the degree to be taken). The letter should be noted by parents and for recommending approval/disapproval by the adviser and department chairman. The letter must be processed by the student himself/herself only (representatives are not allowed since it is the student who is making the request).
- Prior to the submission of the letter of request to shift/transfer, the student must request his/her True Copy of Grades from the Office of the College Secretary. The True Copy of Grades will be submitted together with the formal letter of request to shift/transfer.
- The adviser and chairman of the department shall interview the student and indicate their approval or disapproval in the letter of request to shift/transfer.
- After the adviser and chairman of the department have signed, the letter of request to shift/transfer must be submitted to the Office of the College Secretary. The College Secretary schedules the student for a panel interview with the Student Admission and Readmission Committee.
- The Committee on Student Admission and Readmission will conduct a panel interview and will forward a recommendatory decision of approval/disapproval to the Dean.
- The Dean will make his decision based on the recommendations of the Committee on Student Admission and Readmission.
- The copy of the decision will be forwarded to the Office of the College Secretary for the student's perusal.
- The Dean's decision is final and appeals for reconsideration shall not be entertained.